3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

Getting Mesh Faces With Specified Normal Via SpaceClaim Scripting (V241)

• jacob.lurvey
      Subscriber

Hi All,

I'm struggling with performing what I think should be a relatively simple task. I have an .STL geometry that I import into SpaceClaim as facets, and I want to keep it that way for eventual import into Fluent Mesher as an .scdoc. It is imported already clipped at both ends, so I know the location of the inlet and outlet. I've attached a picture of the geometry.

What I want to do is to get all the faces on the inlet and outlet (shown highlighted in orange here) and put them in a named selection. Ideally, I would select all faces with the correct normal vector, but any method that will allow me to automate named selections for the inlet and outlet will work.

The reason I need to automate this is because I want to process a whole load of similar geometries, all of which have known normals for the inlet and outlet facets. However, since I have to call GetRootPart.Meshes[0] instead of GetRootPart.Bodies[0], lots of the methods in the documentation don't seem to work. Is there any way to do this in SpaceClaim scripting?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.