3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

Data Center Simulation

• qusai
      Subscriber

I am working on a data center cooling analysis. The geometry has been made using CAD software (Solidworks) with perforated tiles, vents, racks, servers, fans and all that and imported the geometry on ANSYS. Using Space Claim, an enclosure has been created, named selection and the simulation has been done successfully. But my concern is that I want to make my simulation more and more accurate. 

As you know the servers have tiny fans inside and each server supports 6/7 fans for example and each rack contains several servers. So, the total actual fans are huge and can indeed be impractical to consider all of them due to the complexity and the sheer number of fans.
      I have 144 racks total:
      A sample of one rack, showing the back of it with 3 fans to take the cold air from the tiles

one of the 144 racks that I have on my project

Another shots, showing the perforated tile and the servers inside the cabinet

So, can anyone suggest some modification to make the simulation better in terms of things that can lead to more accurate results with efficient work. Noting that I use velocity of 3 m/s and pressure of 30 pascal for each fan but in non containments areas the velocity is very high in some areas of the room because of the fan volume and it doesn't reflects an actual scenario for sure. The Heat transfer is quite good but I need to make my simulation more and more accurate. If anyone can help qusai@sanaengineering.us

Thanks

• Devendra Badgujar
      Forum Moderator

Hello, 

Are you using Ansys Fluent for this analysis? 

Regards,

Devendra 

• qusai
        Subscriber

Hello,

Yes, ANSYS Fluent.

Thanks,
        Qusai

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.