LSTC Tire Models
LST, LLC FCA Tire Models Overview
LST, LLC jointly developed tire models with FCA. These models can be downloaded through the LST, LLC Models download section. The models are based on a series of material, verification, and component level tests. The finite element mesh is based on 2D CAD data of the tire section. All major components of the tire use 8-noded hexahedron elements. The elastomers are modeled using *MAT_SIMPLIFIED_RUBBER and the plies are modeled using *MAT_ORTHOTROPIC_ELASTIC.
General features of the tire model include:
- 240,000 elements comprising mainly of 8-noded hexahedron elements using element formulation -2
- Inflation based on *AIRBAG_HYBRID with mass-flow using *DEFINE_CURVE_FUNCTION to achieve desired initial pressure
- Deflation based on *SENSOR to trigger leakage (venting or porosity). The sensors track the peak pressure in the tire (1.4 ×× initial_pressure as default) and the separation of the tire from the wheel. Separation of the tire and wheel is tracked using FORCE_TRANSDUCERS. Peak pressure triggers venting while wall separation triggers porosity-based leakage that accounts for contact blocking.
- No additional contacts required to model the interaction with vehicle and other components
- Elastomers modeled using *MAT_SIMPLIFIED_RUBBER with rate-dependency and the plies modeled using *MAT_ORTHOTROPIC_ELASTIC
- Mounting of the tire on the wheel modeled using *LOAD_THERMAL_VARIABLE and initial temperature imposed on the steel beads to model initial compressive stress
- Geometrically transformed validated tire model to obtain library of tire sizes
The current version does not include material failure.
Available Tire Sizes
- P235 45 R1
- P235 55 R19
- P235 65 R17
- P245 50 R20
- P245 75 R17
- P255 70 R18
- P275 65 R18
- P305 35 R20