-
-
March 11, 2020 at 8:14 am
AlyKanaan8
SubscriberHello guys I am trying to do a 1D Steady Heat conduction problem using a rectangular rod. I draw a 3D rectangular rod in design modeler, and as I want to mesh the model, a 3D element is used whereas I want to mesh it using a 1D element (linear), and as I go to properties in the design modeler, the analysis type can be 2D or 3D. How can I use a 1D element in the meshing ? -
March 12, 2020 at 7:53 pm
karthik.remella
AdministratorHello,
You will not be able to do a 1D heat transfer analysis on Ansys. It is possible to assume a 2D domain and apply boundary conditions on your rectangular rod (assume adiabatic at the two opposite ends) and for a 1D unidirectional heat transfer. This can be achieved in Ansys.
However, for a pure 1D analysis - please refer to a rudimentary heat transfer textbook, which will give you the analytical solution.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Karthik
-
Viewing 1 reply thread
- The topic ‘1D Heat Conduction in a Rectangular Rod’ is closed to new replies.
Innovation Space
Trending discussions
- Unable to reopen setup and solution part on ansys workbench
- Ansys Student 2026 R1 – FlexNet Error -88,309 “System clock has been set back”
- How to solve “shell parts that are joined or merged together in their plane” ?
- Ansysのサイトにアクセスできません
- LS-PrePost How to export ICFD StreamLine data for all time states (CSV/JSON)?
Top Contributors
-
6880
-
1906
-
1544
-
1344
-
1217
Top Rated Tags
© 2026 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.