Installation and Licensing

Installation and Licensing

January 2023 Subscription Licensing Issue

Tagged:

• FAQFAQ
      Participant

In January 2023 an issue with subscription licensing arose that prevented license authentication. When using subscription licensing after this date the software will be prevented from renewing its authentication. Without the ability to authenticate, the software will not be able to run and will prompt the user with this error message:

Affected products:

Ansys Discovery Simulation (Named User), all versions

Ansys Discovery Modeling (Named User), all versions

Ansys SpaceClaim (Named User), all versions

Steps to fix:

1. Download patch located here (includes patch for versions 2021 R1 through 2023 R1)

2. Unzip contents of downloaded zip file

3. Double click on the executable and install the patch (you may need to right click and run as administrator)

4. Launch Discovery or SpaceClaim and enter your login information

After installing this patch, the software will be able to properly authenticate the next time you launch the product. If it still isn’t working for any reason please create a post requesting additional information.

Keymaster

Hi, I can’t get this patch to execute… despite being an administrator. Can you help??

I am trying to evaluate Ansys Discovery on a month trial and this is not a good start.

Keymaster

Richard Nichols I got the same massage first time, then i closed it. Then right click the setup, and pressed run as administrator and then it worked.

Keymaster

That got it to work… many thanks! I’m in…