Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

Licensing error

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

When I try to use Ansys Fluent I get an error saying that the license is not available. I can edit my geometry in SpaceClaim and generate a mesh (which is below the 1 million cells limit) but when I try to open up Fluent I get this error. I've already tried disabling my Firewall, reinstalling Ansys and renaming the Ansys Inc folder into Ansys Inc.old but nothing seems to work. I also get an error on the Ansys licensing settings: "Error: An unexpected internal server error has occurred. Please provide a copy of this response with your support request. Diagnostic: InternalServerError; Unable to get user details for username "cavarretta.1941893@studenti.uniroma1.it"; b32ffc62140f4be99be0b8bdcf43108" and "Unable to connect to https://laas.ansys.com/v1. Check your internet connection and proxy settings."

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

• Jin Hyeon Park
      Subscriber
      I also have the same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution.
      • Eugenio Cavarretta
        Subscriber

Yes of course, but still nothing though. I've tried emailing customer support but apparently you don't get support with a student license.

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

Now sometimes I also get this error

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

I've managed to solve the issue!!! Apparently you can't use more than four solver processor, so lowering them should allow you to use Fluent. I found it on an old post on this feed. For now it seems to work. Will update if I have more problems.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.