Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

Licensing error

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

When I try to use Ansys Fluent I get an error saying that the license is not available. I can edit my geometry in SpaceClaim and generate a mesh (which is below the 1 million cells limit) but when I try to open up Fluent I get this error. I've already tried disabling my Firewall, reinstalling Ansys and renaming the Ansys Inc folder into Ansys Inc.old but nothing seems to work. I also get an error on the Ansys licensing settings: "Error: An unexpected internal server error has occurred. Please provide a copy of this response with your support request. Diagnostic: InternalServerError; Unable to get user details for username "cavarretta.1941893@studenti.uniroma1.it"; b32ffc62140f4be99be0b8bdcf43108" and "Unable to connect to https://laas.ansys.com/v1. Check your internet connection and proxy settings."

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

• Jin Hyeon Park
      Bbp_participant
      I also have the same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution.
      • Eugenio Cavarretta
        Subscriber

Yes of course, but still nothing though. I've tried emailing customer support but apparently you don't get support with a student license.

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

Now sometimes I also get this error

• Eugenio Cavarretta
      Subscriber

I've managed to solve the issue!!! Apparently you can't use more than four solver processor, so lowering them should allow you to use Fluent. I found it on an old post on this feed. For now it seems to work. Will update if I have more problems.

• Luis Marco Gómez
      Bbp_participant

Good morning:

I am Luis Marco Gómez, current student at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid that has a stablish licence with Ansys for students and personal. I am writing to you this email because I've been  trying to install the Ansys License Manager after the complete installation of the program as a result of a warning alert that appeared in the main screen when I first ran the workbench. 

image.png

After studying the problem I started to install the Ansys Licence Manager  as I have told before, until I had another problem in the process that I am not able to understand.

image.png

This is the reason why I am asking for some help in order to install the Ansys License Manager properly and as a result been able to run the program properly.
      I will appreciate so much any answer to this issue.
    • karunarathnathasiru
      Bbp_participant

Hi, 
      After meshing my geometry and when I try to switch up to solution it gives me this error;

Error: Cortex received a fatal signal (SEGMENTATION VIOLATION).

Error Object: ()

Even if I write the mesh after meshing and try to open solution individually not through workbench it gives me an error saying;

I tried reinstalling the software but still it gives me the same error. And I reduced the no.of nodes according to the student license requirements but still its the same. Can I know the reason???

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.