Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

Integration of Em desktop with Workbench

• Alexander Hallstrom
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Ive been trying to intergrate the Em student desktop into my workbench so that I can use maxwell results with in mechanical simulations but everywhere I've seen tutorials on how to do this it says to search " Modify integration with Ansys"  when I do this nothing comes up. Is this possible with the student version of the software? 

• Rajeshwari Jadhav
      Ansys Employee

Hi Alexander,

Please launch the Electronics desktop and mention the workbench path(versions may vary) "goto Tools--> Options--> General Options--> Miscellaneous, click on ok".

Launch the workbench.

• Alexander Hallstrom
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Thank you for responding. Unfortantly this don't seem to have resolved the issue. I did this and opened workbench, none of the electronic solvers (such as Maxwell ) appeared within my workbench interface. Are there further step I need to take to have these show up or something that I did wrong along the way.  

Here is the file path I gave to the workbench in EM desktop C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v232\Framework\bin\Win64\RunWB2.exe

This is the workbench interface after making the above change in settings:

• Rajeshwari Jadhav
      Ansys Employee

Hi Alexander,

From the start menu please launch Modify Integration with Ansys as an admin and run it, also run File Association as an admin from the start menu.

May I know the version of AnsysEM you are using?

• Alexander Hallstrom
      Subscriber

Hi Rajeshwari, 

I am using the most resent version of the student em desktop, which I downloaded about a week ago from the student software site. I still have the issue when I look up Modify Intergration with Ansys in the start menu it does not appear, File Association did come up when I searched it.  I have run that and it returned that it had completed successfuly. 

• alexia.carenini
      Bbp_participant

I have your same problem. Do you solve it?

• Rajeshwari Jadhav
      Ansys Employee

Hi Alexia,

Can you please describe your issue?

• alexia.carenini
      Bbp_participant

Hello!

I started the Electronics desktop and entered the following file path to the workbench: C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v241\Framework\bin\Win64\RunWB2.exe. However, none of the electronic solvers (like Maxwell) are compared on the workbench. Another problem I'm having is trying to locate Modify Integration with Ansys in the Start menu; when I search for it, File Association appears. After running that, the workbench remained unchanged.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.