Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

ICEM Download & Installation

• gdefezza
      Subscriber

Hello everybody

I'm starting a new project for master's degree and I have to use OpenFOAM to simulate airfoils. Since meshing with OpenFOAM is complex, I'm looking for Ansys ICEM as a stand alone programme to install. Does anyone know where I can download that?

Thank you very much for any help and answer!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi gdefezza,

Unfortunately, ICEM CFD is not available in ANSYS Student (free) version. However, the ANSYS Student version has other meshing tools that could be used with your application as well. You can try SpaceClaim meshing (I'm not 100% but I think it's available in SpaceClaim student version 2019 R2) or ANSYS Meshing in Workbench. You can discuss more details about the usage of these tools in their corresponding section.

Thanks,

Win

• ferial bouderies
      Subscriber
    • santhosh sabapathy
      Subscriber

i can't get icem cfd in ansys workbench,i am using ansys 2023r1.is there any possibilities to access..can anyone pls tell me the reason....

• Rob
      Forum Moderator

Are you using Student or a fully licenced version? 

• santhosh sabapathy
      Subscriber

ansys student version 2023r1

• Rob
      Forum Moderator

Did you look at the "included" list when you downloaded Student? ICEM CFD isn't on the list. 

• santhosh sabapathy
      Subscriber

is there any option to download that separately

• Rob
      Forum Moderator

For fully licenced software ICEM CFD is downloaded in the various bundles. It's not included in the free Student bundle. Use Ansys Meshing or Fluent Meshing depending on which solver you're going to be using. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘ICEM Download & Installation’ is closed to new replies.