Electronics

Electronics

Topics relate to HFSS, Maxwell, SIwave, Icepak, Electronics Enterprise and more

How to calculate the received power excited by non-port excitations?

• Park Sungbeen
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate RF harvesting circuit with Ansys HFSS.

What I want to know is how to calculate the received energy of antenna with non-port excitation sources(plane wave, spherical wave, near field data, far field data). If I have clear transmitting source driven by wave, lumped port, then I can easily calculate the S21 for two ports. However, my excitation is actually near field data computed by other numerical tools. 

I set the port of antenna as lumped port. Edit sources->0W on the port.

So my questions are

1. How to calculate the received power on antenna from incident wave excitation. (Sum of poynting vector, surface current, etc)
      2. Can I get the more detailed waveform or voltage/current from antenna port. If can, How?

I'm sorry for repeated question that others already posted. But lack of my understanding, I need more clear answer about it:(

Thank you.

• Faezeh Ladani
      Ansys Employee

Hi Park, 

You can calculate the current flowing on the antenna port as well as the induced voltage across the port using fields calculator. Online help has examples which explicitly show how to calculate these quantities. Search for "Calculating the Current along a Wire or Trace" and "Calculating the Voltage Drop along a Line". Note that if you have several incident sources, super position applies to fields, but not power, so you need to have all the sources on for total field when you calculate the power. 

• Park Sungbeen
      Subscriber

Thank you for your reply!

But I have a question about the last part of your answer, what does it mean "all the sources on for total field"?

• Савоненко Артем
      Subscriber

• Artem Savchenko
      Subscriber

Hi, I have tried the services of essay writing https://essayservice.com/finance-essay-writing-service on financial topics and I was completely satisfied with their service. Professional writers working on the platform have deep knowledge in the field of finance and are able to adapt the material to my requirements. In addition, I appreciate their quick response to requests and willingness to discuss details. I recommend Essayservice.com to all students looking for a reliable assistant in writing an essay on finance.

• Alex Rodriges
      Subscriber

When calculating the received power excited by non-port excitations, it's crucial to consider both the direct and indirect coupling effects. For accurate results, you may need to use methods like numerical simulations or advanced analytical models that account for these interactions. On a related note, if you're exploring advanced techniques and methodologies in signal processing or related fields, you might find valuable insights in the world of NFTs, particularly those focusing on innovative tech applications. For more information, check out https://icoholder.com/en/nft. They offer a range of resources that could enhance your understanding and approach to complex technical problems.

• Marek Gash
      Subscriber

I would like to add that I often hear students complaining that they have problems writing dissertations. If you have the same problems, you can buy dissertation online https://essayshark.com/buy-dissertation.html when I was a student I used their services very often and was satisfied

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.