LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Topics relate to LS-DYNA, Autodyn, Explicit STR and more

How start learning LS-Dyna

• dimanechiporenko072
      Subscriber
      I want to start learn LS-Dyna for use it in my science research. Could you please give me some advice how to start. I will investigate influance from impulse load on different type of structure.

Also I want to use LS-Dyna in Ansys Workbench. I tried simulate blast load on plate used Snippet how discribe here /forum/forums/topic/shock-wave-ansys-ls-dyna/ and Keyword Manager but all method failer. Program just stopped at 10% and nothing happened.

Thanks for your answers
    • Aniket
      Forum Moderator

This question will be answered here: /forum/forums/topic/ls-dyna-for-beginner

-Aniket

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Tonmoy
      Subscriber

Hey Dmytro!

I’m a beginner as well, but want to add my two cents with it: I suggest you to start with the LS-Dyna example manual and dynaexamples to recognize which keyword cards are more important to your specialization. Unlike a lot of other software, LS-Dyna is general purpose, so it is used for a lot of things apart from impulse loading. You can take close look at the examples and understand what’s different in each input case and how the output is changing, they will reveal a lot of crucial insights which you won’t notice when using the GUI. Then you can take some inspirations from youtube and replicate some of the things people have already done. The best thing about youtube is that you can get your hands dirty and take inspiration how nice the end product will be before even jumping into it.

After getting basic familiarity, you’ll understand a lot better and can explore any direction using the manuals. In contrast to other FEM software like ANSYS, Abaqus, or COMSOL, where going through the background theory and implementation requires a subscription, Dyna’s user manuals are freely available. Even if you don’t actively use the software, you can deepen your understanding by delving into these manuals.

LS-Dyna is one of the best explicit dynamics software, and with a strong foundation in FEM and vibration engineering, you can leverage its capabilities to achieve remarkable results. If you can embrace its steep learning process, you’ll find it is a best tool to have in your toolkit.

Hope you will have a wonderful journey in the LS-Dyna world!

• dimanechiporenko072
      Subscriber
      Thanks Tonmoy for your answer. I appreciate it. Your answer is very inspiration.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.