I would like to take the "thin" as "thing", haha...
Do you mean the Eulerian wall film model (something like that I do not really remember the correct name)?
I haven't used that before, but the thing is if I do not use any multiphase model (mixture or VOF), then how can I set up the mass transfer mechanism? What do you mean by built-in mass transfer though?