Licensing

Licensing

I have encountered a weird CFX pre issue. Whenever I open a file (I was trying to open an existing .cfx file), the file selection window does not pop up, but moving my cursor to the taskbar, I can see a blank window. No matter what I do, I cannot get the file selection window working. I tried reloading CFX and rebooting the computer. I can open an existing .cfx file by double clicking the file, but the same issue occurs when I try to import a new mesh. My CFX installation was working fine last week. How can I fix this?

• FAQFAQ
      Participant

One thing you can try immediately is to shut down all instances of CFX on your machine and delete the .cfx file in C:/Users/ The.cfx file is a common cause of problems with an installation of CFX that started with no problems. Over time, the files in .cfx fill up with settings and preferences, These affect how windows open, among other things, and can cause them to stay minimized, which probably was the issue here. Most of the odd behavior of CFX, both in standalone mode and under Workbench, can be traced back to the .cfx files.