Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

Zemax Student Version

• Lukas Leczek
      Subscriber

I'm trying to install the Student Version of Zemax, which should have a built in student licence, but after download and installation, the program still asks for a licence and there is no student option. 

Does anyone know how to fix this, and get it to work?

• Lebin Yu
      Bbp_participant

Exactly, I'm facing the same issue

• Wihan Adi
      Bbp_participant

Same here, just bumping the thread. 

• Wihan Adi
      Bbp_participant

I got in touch with the customer support. I will post here if there is any update. 

• vganore
      Ansys Employee

Can you please post a screenshot of the licensing error? I don't think Zemax Student version will ask you to supply a license file. Make sure you are downloading the student version from here: 

Ansys Zemax OpticStudio Student | Free Software Download

• Wihan Adi
      Bbp_participant

Hello vganore,

Attached you can see the window that I see when I run the software:

If I got with the default setting, this is what I got:

I will try reinstalling it again. This will be the third time, and I have always got it from that link. I will keep you posted. Thank you!

Update: I reinstalled from the link that you gave me, and it unfortunately still shows the same window. 

• vganore
      Ansys Employee

Sorry for the delay. Did you install the product with "Run as admin" option? If no, please uninstall the product and again run the setup with "Run as Admin" option. Please let me know if this works. 

• Lebin Yu
        Bbp_participant

I tried the installation by 'run as admin' but still receiving the same messages as Wihan showed above.

• vganore
      Ansys Employee

Could you please try opening the app "Ansys Zemax OpticStudio" via windows search with Run as admin option? Please let me know if this works.

• Lebin Yu
        Bbp_participant

Amazing, it works now! Thanks a lot for your help!

• vganore
      Ansys Employee

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Attention all students: We have discovered this bug in our software and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. In the meantime, please use this workaround

1) Uninstall the product and again install with "Run as Admin" option

2) Open the app "Ansys Zemax OpticStudio" via windows search with Run as Admin option. 

Hope this works.

• Wihan Adi
        Bbp_participant

Wow, thanks so much, this works!

Wihan 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.