Electronics

Electronics

Topics relate to HFSS, Maxwell, SIwave, Icepak, Electronics Enterprise and more

WARNING: Coupled simulation restarted due to out of sync coupling cont

• alexia.carenini
      Bbp_participant

I have a project in Maxwell (ANSYS Student version) where I calculate the ohmic losses and current density when nominal current is flowing through a current path. To determine the temperature of this current path, I copied the same geometry from Maxwell into Icepak and verified the material properties (these two designs are in the same project). Since the student version doesn't allow me to directly compute the EM losses in Icepak, I use the ACT extension EMtoIcepak, where I use the Maxwell design for the project. The issue arises after I run the coupling: I get the temperature results without any warnings, but when I perform "Analyze All" on the Icepak coupling, I receive the warning: "Coupled simulation restarted due to out of sync coupling control file". I believe this is causing the temperature results to vary each time, even though I'm using the same project and design settings without making any changes. The results differ significantly.

• alexia.carenini
      Bbp_participant

Hi, i forgot to say that even if in the ICEPAK document the surface materials are correct, in the coupling that i obtain they are wrong (steel-->i think it is the default material), i think that the cause is the fact i use a maxwell design but in maxwell i can't decide the surface material, i have the material of the all component, there is no division between surface and body.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.