3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

SpaceClaim keeps not responding whenever I use pull function

TAGGED: 

• Audy Maulizar
      Bbp_participant

I am modeling a large structure (cable-stayed bridge with 500 m span) with ANSYS Mechanical. I have tried to edit the geometry in SpaceClaim, but whenever I try to pull faces in the program the program keeps freezing and not responding. I use a relatively powerful gaming laptop to run the program, so I doubt it's a hardware issue. I use SpaceClaim 2020 R2. Any suggestion would be welcome. 

• Charudatta Bandgar
      Forum Moderator

Hello,

The older releases of SpaceClaim do have some limitations when it comes to large file handling. I would suggest you try a slightly newer release of SpaceClaim. Also check if you can reducing the rendering to a bit low in settings, and see if it helps.

Regards.

• Audy Maulizar
        Bbp_participant

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, my university uses older version that is 2020 R2. Though I might be able to work around it by saving the geometry file from newer version into a STEP file. I will try reducing the render to low first. I will see if it improves anything. 

• pio kang
      Subscriber

Whenever I try to use the pull function, SpaceClaim becomes geometry game unresponsive. SpaceClaim freezes or crashes every time I attempt to pull a feature. The software hangs indefinitely after initiating a pull operation.

• gunfixsolutions
      Subscriber

It’s important to address these Sig Sauer 716i Tread problems promptly to ensure the reliable function of your Sig Sauer 716i Tread rifle. Regular inspection and maintenance are key in preventing extractor and chamber issues from recurring in the future.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.