3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

Spaceclaim in read-only mode

• Yohann Biran
      Bbp_participant

Hello, I regularly have a customer request for people in the workshop who just need to read a Spaceclaim file and take a simple side (no creation or modification).
      I tell them to start spaceclaim in read-only mode to do this, but it takes time and you get error messages before you can start it in read-only mode.
      Can you give me a tip on how to start the program in read-only mode as quickly and simply as possible?

If not, perhaps it would be interesting to have a simple measurement function in the viewer installed on the PC or the online viewer. A bit like Dassault's edrawing.
      What do you think?
      Yohann

• Atharv Joshi
      Forum Moderator
      Hi Yohann, 

Can you explain why you want to start SpaceClaim in read-only mode?

SpaceClaim opens in read-only mode only when you don’t have a valid license to use it and all functionalities are grayed out. 
      Let me check about the online viewer and get back to you. 

Thanks and Regards
      Atharv
    • Yohann Biran
      Bbp_participant

Hello Atharv,

Thanks for the feedback, the purpose of read-only for the customer is precisely to be able to use a version of spaceclaim capable of reading only the scdoc and to be able to measure (because it's possible in read-only mode).
      The aim is to enable people on the workshop side (who don't need to model or modify geometry) to be able to just open and take a dimension that may be missing on the plan, for example.

And since Spaceclaim's viewer can't measure, it's a possible workaround (but not a practical one, because of the messages that appear every time you start).

Best regards

Yohann

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.