Fluids

Fluids

Topics related to Fluent, CFX, Turbogrid and more

Solar load , Mesh Orientation and Beam direction

• Gopalakrishna Gangisetty
      Subscriber

have a passive skylight geometry assumed to be installed in rooftop designed in space claim, Bottom window glass is inside the room (298 K), and the top Window is assumed to be at 293 K.

I want to apply the solar load on this model.

I divided the wavelength intervals, band 1: 0 to 4 μm, band 2 : 4 to 8 μm, band 3: 8 to 14 0 to 4 μm and band 4 : 14 to 50 0 to 4 μm.

I am interested in calculating the Transmitted radiative fluxes in band 3 through semi-transparent material, tau = 0.75, epsilon = 0.25 and Rho = 0.

Semi – transparent material has arranged diagonally one at the bottom and the other at the top. (please look at the screenshot attached). 

Questions are:

1. Should I choose Solar ray tracing or Solar irradiation.?

2. If I choose the solar ray tracing, can anyone help me with the mesh orientation? Does solar irradiation model consider mesh orientation?

3. For the semi -transparent materials = Top ZnS glass and bottom ZnS glass  (see screenshot attached), please guide me with beam direction and beam direction values are automatically calculated by Ansys,

However,  I input the values :

Absorptivity                                                                 Transmittivity

Direct visible = 0.25                                                     Direct visible = 0.75

Direct IR = 0.25                                                            Direct IR = 0.75

Diffuse Hemi-spherical = 0.25                                   Direct hemi-spherical = 0.75

(because emissivity = absorptivity)

PLEASE REVIEW THE SCREEN SHOTS.

• Federico
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

see this post about Mesh Orientation: Mesh orientation on solar calculator (ansys.com)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.