Materials

Materials

Topics relate to Granta Design and more

S-N (Wohler Graph) for steel X153CrMoV12 / D2 / NC11LV / K110 or similar

• MichaÅ‚ MarszaÅ‚ek
      Bbp_participant

Hello,

Just like marked in topic - does anyone have access to the S-N graph for steels from the topic? This is very important for my enginners degree work and I cannot find it anywhere.

• danielshaw
      Ansys Employee

Sorry, bu Ansys does not have fatigue properties for that type of steel.  If you can identify a similar material, maybe you can find the fatigue properties for it, or maybe you can estimate the S-N curve (or at least the endurance limit) from other material properties.

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee

Hi, there is data in Granta Selector. See the results below and you can find SN curves for this type of steel in MaterialUniverse database.

• MichaÅ‚ MarszaÅ‚ek
        Bbp_participant

Unfortunately, this software is not available for students… And here I have a request, could you send me a picture of the table for the (S-N) graph, stress on the Y axis and the number of cycles on the X axis? I am conducting a fatigue strength analysis of the jaw for my engineering thesis and everything comes out correctly (maximum stress, deformation), but in the fatigue tool the number of cycles for life always comes out maximum and this must be due to a bad S-N graph (found in some publication) and unfortunately I can’t find another one and I’ve searched the entire internet.

• MichaÅ‚ MarszaÅ‚ek
      Bbp_participant

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.