Fluids

Fluids

Topics relate to Fluent, CFX, Turbogrid and more

Rocky-dem and Fluent Help!!! How to simulate the air-soil interaction (Particle

• bowen
      Subscriber

Hello, I want to simulate my experiments about the Particle fluidization. the first experiment is the traditional CPT test. it is easy because of no air. Then i creat some holes in the pile (see figure 1) so that air can flow from pile to reduce penetration resistance due to the drag force. The pile is enclosed by the cylinder which is the outer field. The mesh is shown in the figure 2 and 3, the size around the pile is very small because of the hole(figure 3).

The setup in fluent is shown in the figure4. and i used limanr model because of the small velocity of 20m/s in the inlet. i also use the udf to control the pile movement. it has velocity of 0.015m/s in the -z direction.

the prticle in rocky is shown in the figure5 and i use different CGM factor to genetrate particles with less number.

when it start to simulation, it collapsed because of the float exception(see figure 6 and 7). I select the 2-way coupling method in Rocky and run with local parallal with 8 cores

I want to seek help to solve it so that i can run the simulation

• Rob
      Forum Moderator

Check whether moving mesh and Rocky are compatible for your configuration. I'd also start simple, so have the nozzle in the soil and see how it behaves. You can make things more/very complicated later on. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.