Fluids

Fluids

Topics relate to Fluent, CFX, Turbogrid and more

Malloc Memory Error

• mehmet.yoladi
      Bbp_participant

In ANSYS fluent meshing, the poly mesh was thrown and the desired skewness, average quality and aspect ratio ratios were given, and the correct physics was created in a watertight geometry with the correct material assignments and boundary condition values. However, I am getting the error below in the initilaze and run calculation sections. I am getting this error before I even start the solution. My system is 32 GB ram, i7-12700h and 3060 laptop.

The solution was tried by reducing the number of processor cores (6 or 4) to solve the problem. The solution was obtained by giving the same boundary conditions and poly mesh only for 1/13 of the geometry.

Error:

• Rob
      Forum Moderator

24M cells is going to be very tight on 32GB RAM, and a malloc (Memory ALLOCation) error suggests too tight so the solver fails. You need to reduce the cell count, find more RAM or (possibly) switch from Pressure Based Coupled to SIMPLE as that uses marginally less RAM. However, depending on the models etc it may still not work well. Also, I'd be happy with 1M cells on a core for speed, 4-6M cells is going to take you a fair bit of time to solve. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.