Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Discuss installation & licensing of our Ansys Teaching and Research products

LS-Dyna Beam elements outputs

• Fady Elshazly
      Bbp_participant

Hello,

I am trying to read the stresses and strains for beam elements in Ls-Dyna. However I can see that only axial strain is available. Moreover, to get the maximum value over the run time, I have to choose either max or min. 

1-Are there any types of strain that I can read and get the max values for?

2- What are the components (internal forces) that are included in the axial strain value? 

3- Is there a way to get the maximum absolute value? 

4-How to read bending strain only?

Thanks 

• Armin
      Ansys Employee

Hi Fady,

Did you get a chance to follow the workflow provided in your earlier post: LS-Dyna beam stress and strain (ansys.com)

In short, set BEAMIP under DATABASE_EXTENT_BINARY card to a value greater than zero (depending on the number of integration points in your model), and then some of the beam results you’re looking for become available.

• Fady Elshazly
      Bbp_participant

Thanks for the reply. I have already done so and I see these options (Axial, plastic strain and von mises stress). However, I am wondering if i can read other forms of stresses and strains such as bending strain separately. Are there any other options for stresses and strains?

Thanks 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.