Electronics

Electronics

Topics relate to HFSS, Maxwell, SIwave, Icepak, Electronics Enterprise and more

Help on calculating port impedance Zpv using Field calculator under HFSS please

• alexandre-antoi.bourrieau
      Bbp_participant

Hello,

I have a microstrip with a terminal voltage at total = 1V with port impoedance set to 50 ohm:

CDN media

CDN media

I want to calculate port impedance using Field Calculator : Zpv = V²/P.

For calculating V, I integrate E along the line :

r/ANSYS - Help on calculating port impedance Zpv using Field calculator (terminal driven voltage on microstrip)

using this formula :

r/ANSYS - Help on calculating port impedance Zpv using Field calculator (terminal driven voltage on microstrip)

CDN media

and I got 1V so it work OK:

For calculating P, I integrate Poyting vector on this surface :

But after dividing quantity, I don't got 50 ohm but 318 ohm :

So it seems that my value for P is wrong no ?

Thanks you !

• Aymen Mzoughi
      Ansys Employee

HFSS can directly compute the port impedance so there is no need to go through the field calculator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.