Fluids

Fluids

Topics relate to Fluent, CFX, Turbogrid and more

Fluent – shells and back temperature

• paul.lardet
      Bbp_participant

Hi all,

I am using Fluent 2024R1

I use shells to model thin structures, and I would like to plot a contour graph of the temperature gradient across thickness (meaning wall temperature minus shadow wall temperature".

When using thin plates, the "wall temperature (thin)" is available to get the shadow wall temperature, and a user field function can easily be created to calculate the difference.

Unfortunately, "wall temperature (thin)" is the same as "wall temperature" for shells, and front and back wall temperatures cannot be accessed on the same surface : they are only accessible via the "wall temperature" of the surface and its shadow.

Do you have any idea of how I could transfer the wall temperature of the shadow to the main surface ? Or any other way to calculate the temperature gradient ?

Thanks

Paul

• Rob
      Forum Moderator

Do you want to plot the dT as a contour or just report a surface average (as text)? 

To plot or manipulate data at the facet level may be difficult as you'd need to know the data structure at the facet level, ie how the wall & shadow facet pair are linked. And then push that value back to Fluent. The only documentation is here, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v242/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_sec_hxfer.html%23flu_ug_sec_hxfer_shell_cond 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.