3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

Failed to generate mesh

• javvisanz
      Subscriber

Hello everyone!

It's been a few years since I've used the program and I am having a bit of trouble remembering some things. I have created 3 different scketches, created 3 bodies with such sketches and merged them forming a new part for analysis. When I tested 2 of the bodies together, it all worked fine. When I added the third one, and merged them into one, I keep getting this message:

Mesher failed to generate mesh with acceptable quality. Try using a different element size or virtual topology.

Does anyone seem to know where the trouble is?

Many thanks.

Javi.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      This is very generic error. This could be due to geometry problem or due to wrong mesh sizing. Can you please check following? nPlease check geometry in SpaceClaim. Select geometry in structure tree --> Use right click --> Select Check Geometry. The geometry should be error free to proceed. If geometry has any errors, please modify/recreate geometry at those places.nIf geometry is error free, then please select 'appropriate Physics Preference in meshing. nPlease give body/face/edge sizing so that mesh has sufficient mesh density and resolve important features. nFor the error, please use right click on the error and click on 'problematic geometry'. This will highlight geometry which is failing to mesh. You will need to modify geometry at this location or change mesh sizing. nIf your meshing has special controls like periodicity, please check if those are correctly defined. nnApart from this, some troubleshooting is described in help manual at nhttps://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/wb_msh/msh_troubleshoot.htmlnPlease also check at nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Failed to generate mesh’ is closed to new replies.