General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topics relate to Mechanical Enterprise, Motion, Additive Print and more

Coupled Field Transient – Error highly distorted Elements

• detboss
      Bbp_participant

Dear Forum,

I have a problem doing a Coupled Field Transient analysis in Ansys Mechanical of a break disk. I want to rotate a rupture disk and try to simulate a break process with break pads and watch for thermal processes. During this analysis the following error occurs several times and I can't find a solution to fix it. See the error below:

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this error. I have tried changing the mesh from very small elements to larger element sizes and I have also tried different mesh shapes. As you can see in the picture below, I also tried to refine the mesh on the "highly distorted elements", but that did not work either. You can see the current mesh settings in the image below.

Could you please help me with this error, do you have any solution on how to fix this problem?

Kind regards

Daniel

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Hi

See and search for this type of error (many posts on this):

Search results

All the best 

Erik

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

This video also has some suggestions that you could try out (possible fixes start at 10:01): How to Handle Element Distortion Errors in Hyperelastic Materials — Lesson 3 - ANSYS Innovation Courses

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.