3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

Catalytic Converter Geometry – Lesson 7

• 218w1a0315
      Bbp_participant

Hello,

https://youtu.be/0IJW5I6baGw from this above tutorial is there any way that i can learn how to design the catalytic converter?

• Devendra Badgujar
      Forum Moderator

Hello, 

You can refer this Getting Started with Geometry in Ansys Discovery course which will go over the basics of the editing tools that are used for preparing geometry in Ansys Discovery. You will learn how to use Pull, Move, Fill and Combine Tools which are used both in 2D and 3D application and are the foundation for preparing geometry for simulation.

This will help you get started with modeling using Ansys Discovery. 

Regards,

Devendra 

• 218w1a0315
        Bbp_participant

Thank you sir for putting this together and helping me. I want to specifically know how to design the porous media in the catalytic converter geometry. I am trying to conduct an analysis on various shaped of porous media and to carry out this I would require the knowledge of designing and the porous media specifically in a catalytic converter. I would really appreciate if you could help me with this. 

Thankyou.
    • Rob
      Forum Moderator

We'd typically model whatever is provided by the unit designers - Ansys don't do the design work. Users would then use the software at various levels of detail to examine the porous material structure and optimise the main flow paths. 

For the purposes of the tutorial the catalytic converter is just a block of porous media - ie a volume with resistance coefficients applied. 

• 218w1a0315
      Bbp_participant

Thankyou for the support.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.