


{"id":50848,"date":"2020-12-24T12:56:37","date_gmt":"2020-12-24T12:56:37","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/"},"modified":"2020-12-24T12:56:37","modified_gmt":"2020-12-24T12:56:37","slug":"fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/","title":{"rendered":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without fatal errors. Fluent creates a subdirectory with as many .encas files as there are cpu cores. (cnode_0.encas , cnode_1.encas etc)nIf I load the set of encas files by specifying ?cnode_*.encas? as the filename, I get the following error:-nError ERROR: Error> {s1:1} readensight_file_descrip() in geom.c:1215nof EnSight Server 2020 R2:nError ERROR: ensight error; type=Error no= 3 (00000003)nError ERROR: Reading geom file description linenError ERROR:nError reading data.nError from dr_do_read2().nIf I use the ?multiple file interface? button and add to list ?cnode_*.encas?. I get the same error.nAs I am trying to perform a task that practically everyone else needs to do, I can only imagine there is some step I don?t know about. Should this method work ? Perhaps ?ensight parallel? is not supported with moving meshes ?nAny advice would be appreciated.n<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-50848","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-fluid-dynamics"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluid-dynamics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluid-dynamics\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluid-dynamics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"fluid-dynamics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluid-dynamics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluid-dynamics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluid-dynamics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\\\/\",\"name\":\"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluid-dynamics\/#listItem","name":"fluid-dynamics"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluid-dynamics\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"fluid-dynamics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluid-dynamics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/#listItem","name":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluid-dynamics\/#listItem","name":"fluid-dynamics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/","name":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00","dateModified":"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/","article:published_time":"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00","article:modified_time":"2020-12-24T12:56:37+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Exporting an ensight case gold file from fluent works well. However, with large simulation, the export process adds many hours onto the simulation time. I found that ticking the ?EnSight Parallel? option in the fluent export window speeds up the process considerably.nHowever, I cant find a way to load the files into EnSight (2020.r2) without"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"50848","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 22:56:40","updated":"2024-10-28 22:56:40","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluid-dynamics\/\" title=\"fluid-dynamics\">fluid-dynamics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tFluent to Ensight for large transient simulations\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"fluid-dynamics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluid-dynamics\/"},{"label":"Fluent to Ensight for large transient simulations","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/fluent-to-ensight-for-large-transient-simulations\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_old_topic_id":["23101"],"_bbp_old_topic_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_topic_anonymous_id":["false"],"_bbp_old_closed_status_id":["publish"],"_bbp_author_ip":["*\u000b?\u0000\u0004\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000'"],"_bbp_old_sticky_status_id":["normal"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["2125"],"_bbp_subscription":["231409"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["50848"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["59","183887"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["137282"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["137282"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2020-12-31 22:31:34"]},"test":"danbence"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/50848","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/50848\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=50848"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}