


{"id":47609,"date":"2020-08-25T01:38:10","date_gmt":"2020-08-25T01:38:10","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/"},"modified":"2020-08-25T01:38:10","modified_gmt":"2020-08-25T01:38:10","slug":"comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/","title":{"rendered":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if one of the simulations has not reached steady state?nIf not what do you suggest I do?nThanks for the help in advance.n<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-47609","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry","topic-tag-ansys-fluent","topic-tag-convergence","topic-tag-fluent","topic-tag-transient"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"fluent\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Comparison between simulations for same flow time\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Comparison between simulations for same flow time\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\\\/\",\"name\":\"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"fluent","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/#listItem","name":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/","name":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00","dateModified":"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/","article:published_time":"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00","article:modified_time":"2020-08-25T01:38:10+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,nI had a question. I want to compare two simulations for the same flow time (4s). I use the Total Time option in the Duration Specification Method box during Calculation.nBut one of the simulations converges in the specified time (4s) whereas the other does not. Does it make sense to compare the two even if"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"47609","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 23:03:01","updated":"2024-10-28 23:03:01","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/\" title=\"fluent\">fluent<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tComparison between simulations for same flow time\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"fluent","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/"},{"label":"Comparison between simulations for same flow time","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/comparison-between-simulations-for-same-flow-time\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_old_topic_id":["19811"],"_bbp_old_topic_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_topic_anonymous_id":["false"],"_bbp_old_closed_status_id":["publish"],"_bbp_author_ip":["?\b??"],"_bbp_old_sticky_status_id":["normal"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["461"],"_bbp_subscription":["254148"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["47609"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["25","199","180039"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count":["13"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["126691"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["126691"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2020-09-10 00:24:45"]},"test":"harshabharadwaj1"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/47609","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/47609\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=47609"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}