


{"id":464079,"date":"2026-10-10T00:28:16","date_gmt":"2026-10-10T00:28:16","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/"},"modified":"2026-10-10T00:28:16","modified_gmt":"2026-10-10T00:28:16","slug":"adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/","title":{"rendered":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model"},"content":{"rendered":"<p data-pm-slice=\"1 1 []\">Hi everyone,<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I&#8217;d like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged.<\/p>\n<p>Does anyone know if this is possible with either of these material models? Or is there another way to achieve this, such as adding a separate viscoelastic element in parallel?<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;d appreciate any suggestions or examples.<\/p>\n<p>Thanks!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-464079","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi everyone, I&#039;m looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I&#039;m considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I&#039;d like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi everyone, I&#039;m looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I&#039;m considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I&#039;d like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi everyone, I&#039;m looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I&#039;m considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I&#039;d like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\\\/\",\"name\":\"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I'm considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I'd like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I'm considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I'd like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/#listItem","name":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/","name":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I'm considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I'd like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00","dateModified":"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I'm considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I'd like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/","article:published_time":"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00","article:modified_time":"2026-10-10T00:28:16+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to include linear viscoelastic behavior in the passive component of the muscles in LS-DYNA. I'm considering either *MAT_MUSCLE (*MAT_156) or *MAT_SPRING_MUSCLE (*MAT_S15). Ideally, I'd like to model the passive response using a linear viscoelastic formulation (such as a Prony series) while keeping the active muscle behavior unchanged. Does"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"464079","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2026-10-10 01:13:29","updated":"2026-10-10 01:13:29","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tAdding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Adding Linear Viscoelasticity to the Passive Component of a Muscle Model","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/adding-linear-viscoelasticity-to-the-passive-component-of-a-muscle-model\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27814"],"_bbp_topic_id":["464079"],"_bbp_subscription":["508696"],"_bbp_author_ip":[null],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["0"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["464079"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2026-10-10 14:04:59"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_engagement":["1"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["15"],"application":["LS-DYNA Suite"],"emailnotification":[null],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"]},"test":"h-bahreinizadufl-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/464079","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/464079\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=464079"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}