


{"id":430948,"date":"2025-05-07T07:51:44","date_gmt":"2025-05-07T07:51:44","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/"},"modified":"2025-05-07T07:51:44","modified_gmt":"2025-05-07T07:51:44","slug":"mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/","title":{"rendered":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi all,&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;But when I was trying to use PASAVE command to output the stress-distance to an external file, it kept output unreadable gibberish files either saving it in .txt or .csv format. I also tried different encoding in Notepad but none has succeeded. What could go wrong in my case? Is there another way to output the stresses on path to an external file?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;APDL coding:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;\/POST1&lt;br&gt;.&lt;br&gt;.&lt;br&gt;.&lt;br&gt;<em>lsel,s,,,9<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>ksll<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>ksel,s,,,3,7,4<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>nslk<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>nnn1=ndnext(1)<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>nnn2=ndnext(nnn1)<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>alls<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>FLST,2,2,1<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>FITEM,2,nnn1<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>FITEM,2,nnn2<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>PATH,path,2,30,40,<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>PPATH,P51X,1<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>PDEF, ,S,y,AVG<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>PLPATH,Sy<\/em>&lt;br&gt;<em>PASAVE,S,Normal_%j%,csv,<\/em>&lt;br&gt;.&lt;br&gt;.&lt;br&gt;.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Thanks in advance&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-430948","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-post1-1","topic-tag-apdl","topic-tag-mechanical"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"mechanical\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mechanical\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\\\/\",\"name\":\"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","name":"mechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"mechanical","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/#listItem","name":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","name":"mechanical"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/","name":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00","dateModified":"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/","article:published_time":"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-05-07T07:51:44+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi all,I was trying to do a simple 2D axisymmetric model simulating the load transfer between two cylinders (in 2D case, two rectangles) under press-fit condition. I would like to extract the normal stresses and shear stresses distribution on the contact interface, where a path was constructed.But when I was trying to use PASAVE command"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"430948","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 15:19:48","updated":"2026-09-18 08:01:39","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/\" title=\"mechanical\">mechanical<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tMAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/"},{"label":"MAPDL Help with Outputting Stress on Path","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/mapdl-help-with-outputting-stress-on-path\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_topic_id":["430948"],"_bbp_author_ip":["2001:388:608c:4c40:28cf:f77e:43fb:f16a"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["431081"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["431081"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-05-08 13:17:58"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["548785","20905"],"_btv_view_count":["304"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"],"_bbp_subscription":["20905"]},"test":"shuangkai-zhumonash-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/430948","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/430948\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=430948"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}