


{"id":426429,"date":"2025-03-21T09:35:45","date_gmt":"2025-03-21T09:35:45","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/"},"modified":"2025-03-27T10:28:40","modified_gmt":"2025-03-27T10:28:40","slug":"how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak","status":"answered","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/","title":{"rendered":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 &deg;C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the solution divereges. What can be the solution for this problem and if anyone could share a how a network model will be it could be helpful.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Thank you&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-426429","topic","type-topic","status-answered","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2025-03-21T09:35:45+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-03-27T10:28:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\\\/\",\"name\":\"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \\u00b0C\\\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2025-03-21T09:35:45+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-03-27T10:28:40+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/#listItem","name":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/","name":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2025-03-21T09:35:45+00:00","dateModified":"2025-03-27T10:28:40+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/","article:published_time":"2025-03-21T09:35:45+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-03-27T10:28:40+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I have a QFN package cad model made in solidworks. The die is disspating heat of 100 W and the junction to case resistance is 0.5 \u00b0C\/W. I tried assigning the top surface of die and bottom surface of thermal pad as network model and gave the thermal resistance. But, everytime I do that the"},"aioseo_meta_data":[],"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tHow assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"How assign the thermal resistance correctly in AEDT Icepak","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-assign-the-thermal-resistance-correctly-in-aedt-icepak\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27793"],"_bbp_topic_id":["426429"],"_bbp_subscription":["531878","28969"],"_bbp_author_ip":["103.158.43.18"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["427066"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["427066"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-03-27 10:27:19"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["531878","28969"],"_btv_view_count":["450"],"_bbp_topic_status":["answered"]},"test":"vishalgnair1812gmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/426429","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/426429\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":427067,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/426429\/revisions\/427067"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=426429"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}