


{"id":423751,"date":"2025-02-28T17:24:28","date_gmt":"2025-02-28T17:24:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/"},"modified":"2025-02-28T17:24:28","modified_gmt":"2025-02-28T17:24:28","slug":"how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/","title":{"rendered":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello, I would like to insert an &#8220;ANSYS Commands&#8221; script under the&nbsp; &#8220;Solution&#8221; tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value.&nbsp; I have searched all over, but haven&#8217;t been able to find the answer.&nbsp; I know I have to use something like:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;*GET, vm_max, NODE, 151, S, EQV&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But I get a message in Solution Information that says &#8220;Requested data is not stored for noded 151&#8221;.&nbsp; I definitely have Von Mises stress specified as an output for plotting.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Also, I assume I have to create an output parameter first, but in the Parameters block in Workbench, the field &#8220;new output parameter&#8221; is greyed out.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you!&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-423751","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I would like to insert an &quot;ANSYS Commands&quot; script under the &quot;Solution&quot; tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I would like to insert an &quot;ANSYS Commands&quot; script under the &quot;Solution&quot; tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I would like to insert an &quot;ANSYS Commands&quot; script under the &quot;Solution&quot; tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\\\/\",\"name\":\"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I would like to insert an \\\"ANSYS Commands\\\" script under the \\\"Solution\\\" tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I would like to insert an \"ANSYS Commands\" script under the \"Solution\" tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/#listItem","name":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/","name":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I would like to insert an \"ANSYS Commands\" script under the \"Solution\" tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00","dateModified":"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I would like to insert an &quot;ANSYS Commands&quot; script under the &quot;Solution&quot; tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/","article:published_time":"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-02-28T17:24:28+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I would like to insert an &quot;ANSYS Commands&quot; script under the &quot;Solution&quot; tree in Mechanical that finds the stress at a specified node, and then inserts that value into a parameter that I can use to minimize the radius of a fillet (another parameter) to keep the stress under a certain value. I have"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"423751","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 13:02:10","updated":"2026-09-17 23:23:58","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\thow to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"how to get stress at a node and put it in a parameter for use with optimization","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/how-to-get-stress-at-a-node-and-put-it-in-a-parameter-for-use-with-optimization\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["275024"],"_bbp_topic_id":["423751"],"_bbp_subscription":["430670","20905"],"_bbp_author_ip":["108.53.47.202"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["424316"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["424316"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-03-04 18:47:32"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["430670","20905"],"_btv_view_count":["588"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"]},"test":"christopherdavidsonvalcor-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/423751","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/423751\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=423751"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}