


{"id":41573,"date":"2020-03-06T19:59:34","date_gmt":"2020-03-06T19:59:34","guid":{"rendered":"\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/"},"modified":"2020-03-06T19:59:34","modified_gmt":"2020-03-06T19:59:34","slug":"meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/","title":{"rendered":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other.&nbsp; I am required to use a hex mesh for the model.&nbsp; I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last one which is the blind hole running close to the through hole.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve tried all kinds of partition ideas and mesh methods\/sizings with no luck.&nbsp; Here&#8217;s the approach that seems to get me the closest.&nbsp; I use multizone to get a nice hex mesh on all of the partitions except the blind holes.&nbsp; On the through hole partition nearby, I get a hex mesh, but even though it has a shared face with the blind hole partition, it doesn&#8217;t account for the nearby hole at all when it meshes.&nbsp; Because of this, I can&#8217;t get the last partition to give me a hex mesh.&nbsp; It seems like it is so close, but I can&#8217;t figure out how to get the last issue resolved.&nbsp; I pulled the part out of my assembly and created a simplified dummy model of just the area in question and created a new analysis.&nbsp; The .wbpz file is attached.&nbsp; I am new to Ansys so any help at all would be greatly appreciated whether it is solving the last piece of the puzzle or starting over with a completely different approach.&nbsp; Thanks in advance.&nbsp;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-41573","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I&#039;m using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I&#039;m using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I&#039;m using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\\\/\",\"name\":\"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I'm using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I'm using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/#listItem","name":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/","name":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I'm using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00","dateModified":"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I'm using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/","article:published_time":"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00","article:modified_time":"2020-03-06T19:59:34+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I'm using Ansys v19.2 and am having difficulty getting a hex mesh in the area between two very close holes that are perpendicular to each other. I am required to use a hex mesh for the model. I am able to get a nice hex mesh for all of my partitions except the very last"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"41573","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 23:14:08","updated":"2024-10-28 23:14:08","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tMeshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Meshing Issue with Through Hole Close to Perpendicular Blind Hole","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/meshing-issue-with-through-hole-close-to-perpendicular-blind-hole\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_old_topic_id":["13753"],"_bbp_old_topic_author_name_id":["Anonymous"],"_bbp_old_is_topic_anonymous_id":["false"],"_bbp_old_closed_status_id":["publish"],"_bbp_author_ip":[null],"_bbp_old_sticky_status_id":["normal"],"_bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["489"],"_bbp_subscription":["248311"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_status":["publish"],"_bbp_topic_id":["41573"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27790"],"_bbp_engagement":["240","174087"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["5"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["107397"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["107397"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2020-03-10 18:53:26"]},"test":"whbutc"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/41573","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/41573\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=41573"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}