


{"id":407058,"date":"2025-01-26T07:50:52","date_gmt":"2025-01-26T07:50:52","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/"},"modified":"2025-01-27T11:44:23","modified_gmt":"2025-01-27T11:44:23","slug":"does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/","title":{"rendered":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Based on my experience and some studying I&#8217;ve done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what&#8217;s created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements.&nbsp; &nbsp;There doesn&#8217;t seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In terms of contact based debonding, I simply cannot create it and I also don&#8217;t see a clear indication in the documentation that this can be done.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I want to make this post to see if anyone can tell me that I am wrong because I don&#8217;t know what I don&#8217;t know and I need to verify this.&nbsp; &nbsp;Also, shell elements are so critical in so many large scale models becuase a lot of things in reality are made from parts that are tubes\/sheets, etc that can and definitely needed to be mid-surfaced.&nbsp; &nbsp;Not having this capabilities is a major issue if this is indeed the case in my opinion which is also why I hope to double check this.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you very much in advance for your help!&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-407058","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-mechanicalworkbench-1","topic-tag-contact-debonding","topic-tag-czm","topic-tag-inter205-1","topic-tag-interface-delamination","topic-tag-shell-elements"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I&#039;ve done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what&#039;s created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn&#039;t seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I&#039;ve done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what&#039;s created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn&#039;t seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2025-01-26T07:50:52+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-01-27T11:44:23+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I&#039;ve done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what&#039;s created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn&#039;t seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell-elements\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"shell-elements\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell-elements\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"shell-elements\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell-elements\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell-elements\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"shell-elements\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\\\/\",\"name\":\"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I've done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what's created for plane183, solid 186\\\/187 and solid185\\\/solsh190 elements. There doesn't seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2025-01-26T07:50:52+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-01-27T11:44:23+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I've done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what's created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn't seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell-elements\/#listItem","name":"shell-elements"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell-elements\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"shell-elements","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell-elements\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/#listItem","name":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell-elements\/#listItem","name":"shell-elements"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/","name":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I've done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what's created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn't seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2025-01-26T07:50:52+00:00","dateModified":"2025-01-27T11:44:23+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I've done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what's created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn't seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/","article:published_time":"2025-01-26T07:50:52+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-01-27T11:44:23+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Does interface elements or contact based debonding exist for shell elements inside Ansys Mechanical?Based on my experience and some studying I've done on this topic, INTER203, INTER204, INTER205 are what's created for plane183, solid 186\/187 and solid185\/solsh190 elements. There doesn't seem to be an interface element for shell elements that I can find.In terms of"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"407058","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 11:42:43","updated":"2026-09-17 17:38:06","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell-elements\/\" title=\"shell-elements\">shell-elements<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tDoes Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"shell-elements","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell-elements\/"},{"label":"Does Interface Elements or Contact Based Debonding using CZM exist for shell?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/does-interface-elements-or-contact-based-debonding-using-czm-exist-for-shell\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_topic_id":["407058"],"_bbp_author_ip":["2601:447:c601:4f10:a11a:d618:e9bc:c8ca"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["407521"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["407521"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-01-29 06:57:15"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_engagement":["480261","49782","14399"],"_btv_view_count":["1143"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_edit_last":["52629"],"_bbp_revision_log":["a:1:{i:407162;a:2:{s:6:\"author\";i:52629;s:6:\"reason\";s:0:\"\";}}"],"_bbp_subscription":["49782","14399"]},"test":"64872acced255c930764e49420794aef51a32d56"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/407058","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/407058\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":407162,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/407058\/revisions\/407162"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=407058"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}