


{"id":403849,"date":"2025-01-07T08:36:35","date_gmt":"2025-01-07T08:36:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/"},"modified":"2025-01-07T08:36:35","modified_gmt":"2025-01-07T08:36:35","slug":"material-import-broken-in-2024-r23","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/","title":{"rendered":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on <a href=\"https:\/\/optics.ansys.com\/hc\/en-us\/articles\/360034411234-readdata-Script-command\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noopener\">this page<\/a>, and running ?readdata on it produces the following output:&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;result:&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;0 &nbsp;3 &nbsp;&lt;br&gt;1 &nbsp;2 &nbsp;&lt;br&gt;2 &nbsp;4 &nbsp;&lt;br&gt;3 &nbsp;3 &nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is clearly wrong; it seems that readdata only reads the integer part of each number and ignores everything after the decimal point.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am running Lumerical on Ubuntu, if that is relevant.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Needless to say, but this is a massive bug, which prevents me from running any (relevant) simulations due to not being able to use imported materials. I would have reported it directly to Ansys, if I had the&nbsp;means to do that. &lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-403849","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\\\/\",\"name\":\"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/#listItem","name":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/","name":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00","dateModified":"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/","article:published_time":"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-01-07T08:36:35+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3 | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I recently upgraded my Lumerical installation from 2023 R1.3 to 2024 R2.3. After the upgrade, I noticed that importing materials using sampled (n, k) data no longer works as expected. The issue seems to be in the underlying readdata function, which does not work as expected. Taking the example file on this page, and running"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"403849","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 11:01:52","updated":"2026-09-17 15:40:25","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tMaterial import broken in 2024 R2.3\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Material import broken in 2024 R2.3","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/material-import-broken-in-2024-r23\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_topic_id":["403849"],"_bbp_author_ip":["130.233.142.82"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["425590"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["425590"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-03-13 16:25:25"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["1"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_btv_view_count":["223"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_notification_enabled":["473055","11551"],"_bbp_subscription":["473055","506801","11551"],"_bbp_engagement":["11551","473055"]},"test":"abf1b97a7bf8e85099c5ff7d0e0d474fa85c13bd"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/403849","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/403849\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=403849"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}