


{"id":403786,"date":"2025-01-06T19:52:34","date_gmt":"2025-01-06T19:52:34","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/"},"modified":"2025-01-06T19:52:34","modified_gmt":"2025-01-06T19:52:34","slug":"what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/","title":{"rendered":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.&lt;br&gt;So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.&lt;br&gt;Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face 5, for example?&lt;br&gt;I applied the surface elements with the EINTF command, so the nodes should be connected correctly?&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;Many thanks in advance&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-403786","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-shear-stress","topic-tag-shell181"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell181\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"shell181\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell181\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"shell181\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell181\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/shell181\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"shell181\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\\\/\",\"name\":\"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell181\/#listItem","name":"shell181"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell181\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"shell181","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell181\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/#listItem","name":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell181\/#listItem","name":"shell181"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/","name":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00","dateModified":"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/","article:published_time":"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-01-06T19:52:34+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element? | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I try in vain to apply shear stress to Shell 181 elements.So far I have managed to apply Surf153 elements at the corresponding edges and apply also the desired shear stress, but there seems to be no connection between the shell 181 elements and the surface elements.Can I somehow apply direct tangential pressure to face"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"403786","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 10:59:47","updated":"2026-09-17 15:36:06","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell181\/\" title=\"shell181\">shell181<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\twhat is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"shell181","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/shell181\/"},{"label":"what is the best way to apply shear stress to a shell 181 element?","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/what-is-the-best-way-to-apply-shear-stress-to-a-shell-181-element\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27790"],"_bbp_topic_id":["403786"],"_bbp_subscription":["500115","240","485954"],"_bbp_author_ip":["2003:cb:2713:6341:f022:79b2:ab03:b8a9"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["424464"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["424464"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-03-05 19:16:26"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_engagement":["500115","240","485954"],"_btv_view_count":["1371"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_notification_enabled":["500115"]},"test":"sv391fishtwg-konstanz-de"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/403786","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/403786\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=403786"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}