


{"id":398468,"date":"2024-12-25T10:24:19","date_gmt":"2024-12-25T10:24:19","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/"},"modified":"2024-12-25T10:24:19","modified_gmt":"2024-12-25T10:24:19","slug":"cohesive-element-implementation","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/","title":{"rendered":"Cohesive Element Implementation"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello everyine,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and while impact eroding surface to surface contact has been chossen.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;While running the program, it is showing me following error:-&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Error 40559 (SOL+559)&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Contact node 152 using tiebreak failure option 9\/11&nbsp;has inconsistent material properties resulting in a negative displacement for the peak traction for mixed mode loading.&nbsp;Increase energy release rates or stiffness, or decrease peak&nbsp;stresses. More informations about this error check can be found&nbsp;in the Users Manual on Material Models, see *MAT_138.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Is it because the change of material properties (orientation of fibers)? How can I solve this error.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Regards&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-398468","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-composite-analysis","topic-tag-impact-1"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/cohesive-element-implementation\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/composite-analysis\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"composite-analysis\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/composite-analysis\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"composite-analysis\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/composite-analysis\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/cohesive-element-implementation\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Cohesive Element Implementation\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/cohesive-element-implementation\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Cohesive Element Implementation\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/composite-analysis\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"composite-analysis\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/cohesive-element-implementation\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/cohesive-element-implementation\\\/\",\"name\":\"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\\\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/cohesive-element-implementation\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/composite-analysis\/#listItem","name":"composite-analysis"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/composite-analysis\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"composite-analysis","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/composite-analysis\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/#listItem","name":"Cohesive Element Implementation"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Cohesive Element Implementation","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/composite-analysis\/#listItem","name":"composite-analysis"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/","name":"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-25T10:24:19+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Cohesive Element Implementation | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello everyine,I am modelling a composite with 0\/90 lamina orientation for high velocity impacts. I have used CONTACT_SURFACE_TO_SURFACE_TIEBREAK between 0 and 90 sublamina, each with 0.5 mm thickness (total thickness of composite is 8 mm). This contact is modelled using option 9 with normal and shear strength as input. the solid section uses ELFORM=2 and"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"398468","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 10:41:00","updated":"2026-09-17 14:53:05","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/composite-analysis\/\" title=\"composite-analysis\">composite-analysis<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tCohesive Element Implementation\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"composite-analysis","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/composite-analysis\/"},{"label":"Cohesive Element Implementation","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/cohesive-element-implementation\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27814"],"_bbp_topic_id":["398468"],"_bbp_author_ip":["103.144.93.168"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["404959"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["404959"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-01-14 17:27:36"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["492369","523"],"_btv_view_count":["971"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_subscription":["523"]},"test":"b280cd373caf16321d8e711c23564ecdaa37144f"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/398468","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/398468\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=398468"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}