


{"id":398184,"date":"2024-12-21T19:31:31","date_gmt":"2024-12-21T19:31:31","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/"},"modified":"2024-12-21T19:31:31","modified_gmt":"2024-12-21T19:31:31","slug":"simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/","title":{"rendered":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;I&#8217;m working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Yet, I&#8217;m having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between bricks. I&#8217;ve tried to work with bonded contact, but it doesn&#8217;t seem likely to be the answer. Also no separation inticates an error on the setting. I was thinking about trying the frictional contact, but I don&#8217;t know much how to set it correctly. Does anyone have any tips for me?&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-398184","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I&#039;m working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I&#039;m having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I&#039;m working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I&#039;m having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I&#039;m working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I&#039;m having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\\\/\",\"name\":\"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I'm working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I'm having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I'm working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I'm having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/#listItem","name":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/","name":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I'm working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I'm having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I'm working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I'm having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-21T19:31:31+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I'm working on a simulation currently, to calibrate a numerical model of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks and no mortar between bricks. I have de experimental data from the compression test as the reference to find a model close to reality.Yet, I'm having some problems in understanding how to set the contacts between"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"398184","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 10:35:49","updated":"2026-09-17 14:46:12","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tSimulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Simulation of a brick wall made with interlocking bricks","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/simulation-of-a-brick-wall-made-with-interlocking-bricks\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_topic_id":["398184"],"_bbp_author_ip":["138.255.144.16"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["398250"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["398250"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-12-23 07:31:44"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["157269","440006"],"_btv_view_count":["187"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_subscription":["440006"]},"test":"luiz-henrique"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/398184","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/398184\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=398184"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}