


{"id":398008,"date":"2024-12-19T13:21:40","date_gmt":"2024-12-19T13:21:40","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/"},"modified":"2024-12-19T13:21:40","modified_gmt":"2024-12-19T13:21:40","slug":"ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/","title":{"rendered":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;Hello,&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I&#8217;m not sure about this).&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;The size of my project is around 12GB.&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;With a RAM of 384GB and 3.20 GHz AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7980X processor, the problem doesn&#8217;t appear to lie with the processing cpability of my computer.&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;Also, many operations in Workbench like updating or deleting a block in the Project Schematic, and saving the project are taking extremely long to complete.&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;Has someone else faced a similiar problem? I would be very greatful if someone could explain what the reason for this issue could be, and how it could be fixed.&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;Thanks and Regards,&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;Rajat&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 12pt;&#8221;&gt;[PS: I tried changing all Named Selections to Geometry Selection in my model (as mentioned in another Ansys forum post), but the problem still persists]&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-398008","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I&#039;m not sure about this).The\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I&#039;m not sure about this).The\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I&#039;m not sure about this).The\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I'm not sure about this).The\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I'm not sure about this).The","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/#listItem","name":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/","name":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I'm not sure about this).The","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I'm not sure about this).The","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-19T13:21:40+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I have been working with Ansys 2024 R1 since the past few months for my University project.Recently, it has been taking Mechanical several hours to load up. The problem seems to have started after I modified the meshing in my model (although I'm not sure about this).The"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"398008","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 10:31:36","updated":"2026-09-17 14:38:37","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tAnsys Mechanical taking forever to load\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Ansys Mechanical taking forever to load","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/ansys-mechanical-taking-forever-to-load\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_topic_id":["398008"],"_bbp_author_ip":["2001:638:208:420d:703e:1923:5610:f40f"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["398127"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["398127"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-12-20 15:03:32"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["482148","200"],"_btv_view_count":["251"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_subscription":["200"]},"test":"rajatgadkargmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/398008","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/398008\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=398008"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}