


{"id":397537,"date":"2024-12-15T22:41:32","date_gmt":"2024-12-15T22:41:32","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/"},"modified":"2024-12-16T08:02:12","modified_gmt":"2024-12-16T08:02:12","slug":"converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/","title":{"rendered":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the &#8220;imported condensed part&#8221; tool. I would like to then use the &#8220;condensed part&#8221; tool to export as a .sub. However, ANSYS has trouble with this. The imported DMIG becomes an ANSYS &#8220;body&#8221; without any elements in it. When I attempt to export this body to a condensed part, ANSYS throws an error regarding the body not having any elements. Is there a way to get around this? Any ideas on what to change?&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I am using Workbench with Mechanical, I am not using APDL. If M APDL is needed, I could use some tips as I am not well versed with APDL.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-397537","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-ansys-apdl","topic-tag-ansys-mapdl-1","topic-tag-ansys-mechanical-apdl","topic-tag-ansysapdl","topic-tag-ansysmechanical","topic-tag-apdl","topic-tag-reduced-order-model"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the &quot;imported condensed part&quot; tool. I would like to then use the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the &quot;imported condensed part&quot; tool. I would like to then use the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-12-15T22:41:32+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-16T08:02:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the &quot;imported condensed part&quot; tool. I would like to then use the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"apdl\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"apdl\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \\\/ Condensed Part\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \\\/ Condensed Part\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/apdl\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"apdl\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\\\/\",\"name\":\"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \\\/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the \\\"imported condensed part\\\" tool. I would like to then use the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-12-15T22:41:32+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-16T08:02:12+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the \"imported condensed part\" tool. I would like to then use the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/#listItem","name":"apdl"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"apdl","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/#listItem","name":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/#listItem","name":"apdl"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/","name":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the \"imported condensed part\" tool. I would like to then use the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-12-15T22:41:32+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-16T08:02:12+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the &quot;imported condensed part&quot; tool. I would like to then use the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/","article:published_time":"2024-12-15T22:41:32+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-16T08:02:12+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I need to produce a superelement of a model in the ANSYS .sub format. I have a NASTRAN model with which I can easily create a superelement in DMIG format. I can also import the DMIG matrices into an ANSYS Mechanical Model with the &quot;imported condensed part&quot; tool. I would like to then use the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"397537","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 10:21:57","updated":"2026-09-17 13:57:40","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/\" title=\"apdl\">apdl<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tConverting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"apdl","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/apdl\/"},{"label":"Converting .DMIG to .SUB Superelement \/ Condensed Part","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/converting-dmig-to-sub-superelement-condensed-part\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_topic_id":["397537"],"_bbp_subscription":["493322","23687"],"_bbp_author_ip":["75.80.179.241"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["397816"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["397816"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-12-18 01:07:54"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["493322","23687"],"_btv_view_count":["1218"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_edit_last":["52629"],"_bbp_revision_log":["a:1:{i:397572;a:2:{s:6:\"author\";i:52629;s:6:\"reason\";s:0:\"\";}}"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"]},"test":"ea012aa3322b10f45b07a904aeaa31f7d3d90130"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/397537","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/397537\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":397572,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/397537\/revisions\/397572"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=397537"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}