


{"id":395640,"date":"2024-11-28T10:32:28","date_gmt":"2024-11-28T10:32:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/"},"modified":"2024-12-04T08:58:27","modified_gmt":"2024-12-04T08:58:27","slug":"harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/","title":{"rendered":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude &#8220;ON&#8221;)"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello,&lt;br&gt;I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section&#8211;&gt; in the defintion tab, there&#8217;s a option to define by where I set it to &#8220;maximum over frequency&#8221; and Amplitude to &#8220;Yes&#8221;, when I do this I get different stress values for Max principal stress as well as von-mises stress. What is the difference between these two results? Are the first results were scaled down by 0,7071(RMS value)? Are the stress values which I get when I select from &#8220;maximum over frequency&#8221; and Amplitude &#8220;Yes&#8221; are the peak stress at the resonance for the above mentioned range?&lt;span style=&#8221;font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: &#8216;Calibri&#8217;,sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-font-kerning: 0pt; mso-ansi-language: #2000; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;&#8221;&gt;&lt;!&#8211;[endif]&#8211;&gt;&lt;\/span&gt;&lt;!&#8211;[endif]&#8211;&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-395640","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-mechanicalworkbench-1","topic-tag-analysissetting-1","topic-tag-equivalent-stress","topic-tag-frequency-response","topic-tag-harmonic-response","topic-tag-max-principal-stress","topic-tag-mechanical","topic-tag-modal-harmonic-response"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--&gt; in the defintion tab, there&#039;s a option to define\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--&gt; in the defintion tab, there&#039;s a option to define\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-11-28T10:32:28+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-12-04T08:58:27+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--&gt; in the defintion tab, there&#039;s a option to define\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"mechanical\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude &#8220;ON&#8221;)\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude &#8220;ON&#8221;)\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/mechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"mechanical\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\\\/\",\"name\":\"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \\u201cON\\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--> in the defintion tab, there's a option to define\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-11-28T10:32:28+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-12-04T08:58:27+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--> in the defintion tab, there's a option to define","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","name":"mechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"mechanical","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/#listItem","name":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude &#8220;ON&#8221;)"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude &#8220;ON&#8221;)","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/#listItem","name":"mechanical"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/","name":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--> in the defintion tab, there's a option to define","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-11-28T10:32:28+00:00","dateModified":"2024-12-04T08:58:27+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--&gt; in the defintion tab, there's a option to define","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/","article:published_time":"2024-11-28T10:32:28+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-12-04T08:58:27+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d) | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello,I want to find peak stresses of the model at 30g, for the range 2500Hz to 2700Hz. So when I select equivalent stress and max principal stress in the solution section, I get the results of the stresses for the model, but in the details section--&gt; in the defintion tab, there's a option to define"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"395640","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 09:43:13","updated":"2026-09-17 12:29:17","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/\" title=\"mechanical\">mechanical<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tHarmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude \u201cON\u201d)\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"mechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/mechanical\/"},{"label":"Harmonic Response-Equivalent stress(Maximum over frequency and Amplitude &#8220;ON&#8221;)","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/harmonic-response-equivalent-stressmaximum-over-frequency-and-amplitude-on\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_topic_id":["395640"],"_bbp_subscription":["343480","20905"],"_bbp_author_ip":["165.85.213.96"],"_bbp_reply_count":["5"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["0"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_engagement":["343480","20905"],"_btv_view_count":["1275"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_notification_enabled":["343480"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["396120"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["396120"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-12-03 15:50:42"]},"test":"shathabhisha-bhargavbakerhughes-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/395640","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/395640\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":396219,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/395640\/revisions\/396219"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=395640"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}