


{"id":391929,"date":"2024-10-30T08:41:14","date_gmt":"2024-10-30T08:41:14","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/"},"modified":"2024-10-31T08:31:28","modified_gmt":"2024-10-31T08:31:28","slug":"bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor","status":"answered","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/","title":{"rendered":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface on the movie monitor, i.e. 180 degrees. What should I do to make the light travel at a 45 degree angle in the movie in boundary conditions?&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-391929","topic","type-topic","status-answered","hentry","topic-tag-angle","topic-tag-monitors"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-10-30T08:41:14+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-10-31T08:31:28+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/monitors\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"monitors\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/monitors\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"monitors\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/monitors\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Bloch boundry in movie monitor\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Bloch boundry in movie monitor\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/monitors\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"monitors\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\\\/\",\"name\":\"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-10-30T08:41:14+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-10-31T08:31:28+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/monitors\/#listItem","name":"monitors"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/monitors\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"monitors","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/monitors\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/#listItem","name":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/monitors\/#listItem","name":"monitors"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/","name":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-10-30T08:41:14+00:00","dateModified":"2024-10-31T08:31:28+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/","article:published_time":"2024-10-30T08:41:14+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-10-31T08:31:28+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello. When I send the light at a 45 degree angle and select boundary conditions as Periodic, I can see that the light comes at a 45 degree angle on the movie monitor, but when I set the boundary conditions as Bloch and everything else remains the same, the light travels parallel to the surface"},"aioseo_meta_data":[],"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/monitors\/\" title=\"monitors\">monitors<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tBloch boundry in movie monitor\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"monitors","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/monitors\/"},{"label":"Bloch boundry in movie monitor","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/bloch-boundry-in-movie-monitor\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["476429","2592"],"_bbp_author_ip":["149.201.197.167"],"_btv_view_count":["226"],"_bbp_topic_status":["answered"],"_edit_lock":["1730363477:476429"],"_bbp_topic_id":["391929"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27816"],"_bbp_engagement":["2592"],"_bbp_voice_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["392144"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["392144"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-10-30 23:15:57"]},"test":"ca6ebe153f2a845d745cf53cfc2146f980d517b9"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391929","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391929\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":392175,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391929\/revisions\/392175"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=391929"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}