


{"id":391926,"date":"2024-10-30T08:30:35","date_gmt":"2024-10-30T08:30:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/"},"modified":"2024-10-30T08:30:35","modified_gmt":"2024-10-30T08:30:35","slug":"node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/","title":{"rendered":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hi all,&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#8217;ve been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I&#8217;m using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell count, and smaller cells are added due to smaller elements near the upper smaller chord length elements, Fluent would display &#8220;Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV&#8221; in the console, then quickly prompt shut, returning me to the workbench. My computer specs are:&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;Inter Core I9-14900kf, and 32gb DDR5 6400hz memory. Additionally, for some reason when I try to use any more than 16 cores in parallel on fluent, the app opens for a startup, and in the console, it prompts an error even open and says:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;= EXIT STATUS: -1 (ffffffff)&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Then returns to the workbench. This was something that changed after reinstalling Ansys, as previously it would only let me use up to 8 cores, whereas now I can use only up to 16, with the only difference between the two being a reinstall. The problem where fluent crashes mid-simulation occurs regardless of how many processes I select, and not at a specific time step, it occurs randomly, even in a steady state. I&#8217;m not sure if these two problems are related, but I thought I&#8217;d add this. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice on how to fix this error. I will follow up with an image of my mesh soon as well.&nbsp;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-391926","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-fluent-ansys-1","topic-tag-fluent-cfd-ansys-1","topic-tag-crash","topic-tag-error","topic-tag-fluent","topic-tag-fluent-mesh","topic-tag-troubleshooting"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hi all,I&#039;ve been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I&#039;m using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hi all,I&#039;ve been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I&#039;m using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hi all,I&#039;ve been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I&#039;m using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"fluent\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\\\/\",\"name\":\"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hi all,I've been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I'm using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi all,I've been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I'm using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"fluent","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/#listItem","name":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/","name":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hi all,I've been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I'm using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00","dateModified":"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hi all,I've been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I'm using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/","article:published_time":"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-10-30T08:30:35+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hi all,I've been recently having a few issues with Ansys, I'm using ANSYS 2024 R2, and have been running a bunch of 2D sims on a multi-element wing setup. When I was running simpler cases (ie only a single element), the simulation would work just fine, however, once the mesh starts to increase in cell"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"391926","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2025-10-19 08:32:29","updated":"2026-09-17 09:02:41","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/\" title=\"fluent\">fluent<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tNode 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"fluent","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/"},{"label":"Node 13: Process 21060: Received signal SIGSEGV","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/node-13-process-21060-received-signal-sigsegv\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["17569","199"],"_bbp_author_ip":["142.186.148.200"],"_btv_view_count":["458"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["391926"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["199","17569"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["391943"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["391943"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-10-30 10:12:28"]},"test":"jayoung-kimryerson-ca"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391926","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391926\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=391926"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}