


{"id":391490,"date":"2024-10-27T10:40:17","date_gmt":"2024-10-27T10:40:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/"},"modified":"2024-10-27T10:40:17","modified_gmt":"2024-10-27T10:40:17","slug":"extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/","title":{"rendered":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello everyone,&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I managed to export the temperature data as an HDF5 file, but I encountered some challenges. The data consists of 20,736 temperature values at specific x and z coordinates. Also, the mesh used in the simulation is unstructured, with finer regions in specific areas, leading to repeated coordinates. This makes it difficult to organize the values into a proper matrix.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Given these issues, could you suggest a better approach to extract and arrange the temperature values in a structured format that would allow easier processing in Python? Additionally, are there any built-in tools or scripts within Fluent that can help pre-process or arrange data before exporting, which might save time on the Python side? Any tips on handling data from unstructured meshes or dealing with repeated coordinates would be greatly appreciated.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Thank you for your assistance!&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-391490","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\\\/\",\"name\":\"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/#listItem","name":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/","name":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00","dateModified":"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/","article:published_time":"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-10-27T10:40:17+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello everyone,I recently conducted a CFD simulation in ANSYS Fluent and analyzed the temperature distribution by generating a contour map on a specific plane. My objective is to extract the temperature values from this plane and arrange them into a structured matrix in Python for further processing, including the calculation of the heat transfer coefficient.I"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"391490","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:21:22","updated":"2026-09-17 08:38:56","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tExtracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Extracting and Organizing Temperature Data from Unstructured Mesh in ANSYS Fluen","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/extracting-and-organizing-temperature-data-from-unstructured-mesh-in-ansys-fluen\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["475179","13659"],"_bbp_author_ip":["192.195.90.211"],"_btv_view_count":["264"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["391490"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["13659","475179"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["391748"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["391748"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-10-29 14:05:45"]},"test":"omar-alyqatar-tamu-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391490","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391490\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=391490"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}