


{"id":391114,"date":"2024-10-23T19:47:28","date_gmt":"2024-10-23T19:47:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/"},"modified":"2024-10-23T22:36:58","modified_gmt":"2024-10-23T22:36:58","slug":"eles-setup","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/","title":{"rendered":"ELES setup"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#8217;m working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here&#8217;s what I&#8217;ve done so far:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n<ul>\n<li>&lt;p&gt;<strong>Geometry Setup:<\/strong>&lt;\/p&gt;\n<ul>\n<li>Created two box domains:\n<ul>\n<li>A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.<\/li>\n<li>A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<li>Both domains have been added as &#8220;Frozen&#8221; bodies.<\/li>\n<li>Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the RANS domain, keeping the tool body intact.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<li>&lt;p&gt;<strong>Mesh Definition:<\/strong>&lt;\/p&gt;\n<ul>\n<li>Defined the interface between the LES and RANS regions.<\/li>\n<li>Specified the LES-RANS inlet, LES-RANS outlet, and the sides.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<li>&lt;p&gt;<strong>Solver Settings:<\/strong>&lt;\/p&gt;\n<ul>\n<li>Set the LES-RANS inlet as a RANS-LES interface and chose the <strong>Spectral Synthesizer<\/strong> as the synthetic turbulence generator.<\/li>\n<li>Kept the sides as internal boundaries.<\/li>\n<li>Set the LES-RANS outlet with <strong>No Perturbations<\/strong>.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<strong>My Concern:<\/strong>&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#8217;m uncertain if this setup is correct for an ELES simulation, especially regarding the interface definitions and boundary conditions. Resources on this specific setup are quite limited.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<strong>Could anyone clarify whether this is the correct approach? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<\/strong>&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-391114","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-fluent","topic-tag-les"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I&#039;m working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here&#039;s what I&#039;ve done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as &quot;Frozen&quot; bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I&#039;m working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here&#039;s what I&#039;ve done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as &quot;Frozen&quot; bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-10-23T19:47:28+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-10-23T22:36:58+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I&#039;m working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here&#039;s what I&#039;ve done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as &quot;Frozen&quot; bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/eles-setup\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"fluent\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/eles-setup\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"ELES setup\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/eles-setup\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"ELES setup\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/fluent\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"fluent\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/eles-setup\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/eles-setup\\\/\",\"name\":\"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I'm working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here's what I've done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as \\\"Frozen\\\" bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/eles-setup\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-10-23T19:47:28+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-10-23T22:36:58+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I'm working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here's what I've done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as \"Frozen\" bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"fluent","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/#listItem","name":"ELES setup"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"ELES setup","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/#listItem","name":"fluent"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/","name":"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I'm working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here's what I've done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as \"Frozen\" bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-10-23T19:47:28+00:00","dateModified":"2024-10-23T22:36:58+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I'm working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here's what I've done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as &quot;Frozen&quot; bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/","article:published_time":"2024-10-23T19:47:28+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-10-23T22:36:58+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"ELES setup | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I'm working on an Embedded Large Eddy Simulation (ELES). Here's what I've done so far:Geometry Setup:Created two box domains:A smaller box for the LES (Large Eddy Simulation) region.A larger box for the RANS (Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes) region.Both domains have been added as &quot;Frozen&quot; bodies.Performed a Boolean subtract operation where the LES domain is subtracted from the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"391114","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:21:52","updated":"2026-09-17 08:22:44","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/\" title=\"fluent\">fluent<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tELES setup\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"fluent","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/fluent\/"},{"label":"ELES setup","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/eles-setup\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_author_ip":["137.148.143.86"],"_btv_view_count":["312"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_subscription":["474034","13659","511288"],"_edit_last":["474034"],"_bbp_revision_log":["a:1:{i:391128;a:2:{s:6:\"author\";i:474034;s:6:\"reason\";s:0:\"\";}}"],"_bbp_topic_id":["391114"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27792"],"_bbp_engagement":["13659","474034","511288"],"_bbp_voice_count":["3"],"_bbp_reply_count":["3"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["408424"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["408424"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2025-02-05 06:35:07"]},"test":"0e47e71fa9e52892e5c853f52bf9daae55b6a3e3"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391114","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391114\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":391128,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/391114\/revisions\/391128"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=391114"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}