


{"id":388500,"date":"2024-10-08T08:35:20","date_gmt":"2024-10-08T08:35:20","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/"},"modified":"2024-10-08T08:35:20","modified_gmt":"2024-10-08T08:35:20","slug":"lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/","title":{"rendered":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello everyone,&lt;br&gt;I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br&gt;&nbsp;*** License problem ***&lt;br&gt;&nbsp;Local license:&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;*** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:&lt;br&gt;<code>LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername<\/code>.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing <code>#LICENSE_TYPE:network<\/code>&lt;br&gt;<code>#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername)<\/code>, the simulation works fine. But normally, the LSTC_FILE should be ignored when the environment variables are set.&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Why is the LSTC_FILE still being required?&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your help!&lt;\/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Christoph&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-388500","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\\\/\",\"name\":\"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/#listItem","name":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/","name":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00","dateModified":"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/","article:published_time":"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-10-08T08:35:20+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello everyone,I am working on Linux Mint, and when starting a simulation with LS-DYNA in the shell, I receive the following error related to the LSTC_FILE: *** License problem *** Local license: *** Error Environment variable LSTC_FILE not set!However, all environment variables are correctly defined as follows:LSTC_LICENSE=network; LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=ourservername.If I create an LSTC_FILE in the solver directory (containing #LICENSE_TYPE:network#LICENSE_SERVER:ourservername),"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"388500","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:24:27","updated":"2026-09-17 05:58:58","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tLSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"LSTC_FILE Query Despite Environment Variables Being Set","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lstc_file-query-despite-environment-variables-being-set\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["272310","523"],"_bbp_author_ip":["212.201.131.88"],"_btv_view_count":["568"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["388500"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27814"],"_bbp_engagement":["523","272310"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["2"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["388587"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["388587"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-10-08 14:57:05"]},"test":"christoph-hollweckoth-regensburg-de"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/388500","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/388500\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=388500"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}