


{"id":382420,"date":"2024-09-12T03:04:12","date_gmt":"2024-09-12T03:04:12","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/"},"modified":"2024-09-12T03:04:12","modified_gmt":"2024-09-12T03:04:12","slug":"inquiry-regarding-pymechanical","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/","title":{"rendered":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;div class=&#8221;x_elementToProof&#8221;&gt;One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL:&nbsp;<a href=\"https:\/\/embedding.examples.mechanical.docs.pyansys.com\/examples\/02_technology_showcase\/Rotor_Blade_Inverse_solve.html#sphx-glr-examples-02-technology-showcase-rotor-blade-inverse-solve-py\">Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk &mdash; PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)<\/a>), it reads the pressure field from an external CSV file and applies to the blade surface. However, this process will cost lots of time in both reading and writing, which I am trying to avoid. In our project, the pressure field is a function of coordinates (x, y, z) and is stored in the memory during the calculation. Is there any way I can apply the pressure field to the object surface without generating external files?&nbsp;&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div class=&#8221;x_elementToProof&#8221;&gt;&nbsp;&lt;\/div&gt;&lt;div class=&#8221;x_elementToProof&#8221;&gt;I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on my question.&lt;\/div&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-382420","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-pyansys-1","topic-tag-python"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/python\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"python\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/python\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"python\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/python\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/python\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"python\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\\\/\",\"name\":\"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \\u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/python\/#listItem","name":"python"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/python\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"python","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/python\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/#listItem","name":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/python\/#listItem","name":"python"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/","name":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00","dateModified":"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/","article:published_time":"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-09-12T03:04:12+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"One of the challenges I have right now is to apply the pressure field to the surface of the seal WITHIN THE MEMORY. I have read one of the examples in PyMechanical (URL: Inverse-Solving analysis of a rotor fan blade with disk \u2014 PyMechanical Embedding Examples (pyansys.com)), it reads the pressure field from an external"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"382420","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:29:24","updated":"2026-09-17 01:06:54","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/python\/\" title=\"python\">python<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tInquiry Regarding PyMechanical\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"python","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/python\/"},{"label":"Inquiry Regarding PyMechanical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/inquiry-regarding-pymechanical\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["452973","200","527665"],"_bbp_author_ip":["208.180.46.178"],"_btv_view_count":["292"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_topic_id":["382420"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27822"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["382441"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["382441"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-09-12 08:54:54"],"_bbp_reply_count_hidden":["1"],"_bbp_engagement":["200","452973"]},"test":"dafu-gutamu-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/382420","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/382420\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=382420"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}