


{"id":381799,"date":"2024-09-07T12:28:11","date_gmt":"2024-09-07T12:28:11","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/"},"modified":"2024-09-07T12:28:11","modified_gmt":"2024-09-07T12:28:11","slug":"multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/","title":{"rendered":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>&lt;p&gt;Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the &lsquo;Transient Structural&rsquo; module. Unfortunately, I can&#8217;t get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the other 5, consists of a PART of a DIE and a RAM. There is a displacement of 10.38mm on the RAM which is there to press the PART into the DIE and thus reshape the PART. Unfortunately, this extrusion process of the third stage does not work, as the PART does not go all the way down. As you can see in the 2nd picture, it seems that a kind of barrier is created at the place of the taper, which prevents the PART from going any further down. I strongly suspect that this could be due to my contact conditions. The 3rd picture shows the first contact between the RAM and the PART and the 4th picture shows the contact condition between the PART and the DIE.&lt;br&gt;I would appreciate any ideas and suggestions as I am at a loss.&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;Thanks in advance.&lt;\/p&gt;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-381799","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can&#039;t get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can&#039;t get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can&#039;t get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\\\/\",\"name\":\"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \\u2018Transient Structural\\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/#listItem","name":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/","name":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00","dateModified":"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/","article:published_time":"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-09-07T12:28:11+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"Hello, I am an Ansys beginner and I am working on a project in which I want to simulate a multi-stage cold forming process. I am doing this in the \u2018Transient Structural\u2019 module. Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the third stage. As you can see in the first image, this step, like the"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"381799","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:30:02","updated":"2026-09-17 00:09:27","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tMulti-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"Multi-stage simulation under cold forming using Transient Structural","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/multi-stage-simulation-under-cold-forming-using-transient-structural-2\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_author_ip":["147.161.137.101"],"_btv_view_count":["127"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_subscription":["240"],"_bbp_topic_id":["381799"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27791"],"_bbp_engagement":["240","444362"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["381852"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["381852"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-09-08 17:53:23"]},"test":"pierre-buchholz96gmail-com"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/381799","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/381799\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=381799"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}