


{"id":379307,"date":"2024-08-17T22:17:58","date_gmt":"2024-08-17T22:17:58","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/"},"modified":"2024-08-17T22:17:58","modified_gmt":"2024-08-17T22:17:58","slug":"lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/","title":{"rendered":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I have an academic license through my university and I&#8217;m trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I&#8217;m getting a &#8220;Could not set flexNet server&#8221; error. I have checked the log file for the licensing utility and it shows the following error:<\/p>\n<p>ERROR {&#8220;errno&#8221;:-2,&#8221;syscall&#8221;:&#8221;mkdir&#8221;,&#8221;code&#8221;:&#8221;ENOENT&#8221;,&#8221;path&#8221;:&#8221;\/ansys_inc\/shared_files\/licensing&#8221;}<\/p>\n<p>I have tried to manually modify the License.ini file but that hasn&#8217;t done anything so it&#8217;s possible the ~\/.config\/Lumerical\/License.ini file isn&#8217;t the one that is being used.<\/p>\n<p>I also don&#8217;t have administrator access since this is a shared filesystem.<\/p>\n<p>Help would be appreciated to try to figure out the source of the issue.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-379307","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-academiclicense-1","topic-tag-ansys-license-manager-error-1","topic-tag-lumerical"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 4.9.10 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"I have an academic license through my university and I&#039;m trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I&#039;m getting a\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 4.9.10\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_US\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"I have an academic license through my university and I&#039;m trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I&#039;m getting a\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"I have an academic license through my university and I&#039;m trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I&#039;m getting a\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\\\/#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Topics\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumerical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"lumerical\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumerical\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":3,\"name\":\"lumerical\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumerical\\\/\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster\"},\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/topics\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"Topics\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\\\/#listItem\",\"position\":4,\"name\":\"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic-tag\\\/lumerical\\\/#listItem\",\"name\":\"lumerical\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Organization\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\"},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\\\/#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\\\/\",\"name\":\"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"I have an academic license through my university and I'm trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I'm getting a\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/forums\\\/topic\\\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\\\/#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/\",\"name\":\"Ansys Learning Forum\",\"description\":\"Ansys Innovation Space\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-US\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/innovationspace.ansys.com\\\/forum\\\/#organization\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have an academic license through my university and I'm trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I'm getting a","canonical_url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","position":2,"name":"Topics","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumerical\/#listItem","name":"lumerical"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum#listItem","name":"Home"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumerical\/#listItem","position":3,"name":"lumerical","item":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumerical\/","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/#listItem","name":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster"},"previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/#listItem","name":"Topics"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/#listItem","position":4,"name":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumerical\/#listItem","name":"lumerical"}}]},{"@type":"Organization","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/"},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/#webpage","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/","name":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum","description":"I have an academic license through my university and I'm trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I'm getting a","inLanguage":"en-US","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00","dateModified":"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#website","url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/","name":"Ansys Learning Forum","description":"Ansys Innovation Space","inLanguage":"en-US","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/#organization"}}]},"og:locale":"en_US","og:site_name":"Ansys Learning Forum | Ansys Innovation Space","og:type":"article","og:title":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum","og:description":"I have an academic license through my university and I'm trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I'm getting a","og:url":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/","article:published_time":"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00","article:modified_time":"2024-08-17T22:17:58+00:00","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster | Ansys Learning Forum","twitter:description":"I have an academic license through my university and I'm trying to use lumerical on our compute cluster. We just switched to using an ansys server licenses for Lumerical instead of the legacy license servers. I have been able to set the license server information on my PC but on our cluster I'm getting a"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"379307","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":null,"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"content","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":null,"og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":true,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":null,"pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":null,"robots_max_videopreview":null,"robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":null,"local_seo":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"created":"2024-10-28 16:32:30","updated":"2026-09-16 19:58:43","ai":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"seo_analyzer_scan_date":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/\" title=\"Topics\">Topics<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumerical\/\" title=\"lumerical\">lumerical<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tLumerical License server issues on compute cluster\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum"},{"label":"Topics","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/topics\/"},{"label":"lumerical","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic-tag\/lumerical\/"},{"label":"Lumerical License server issues on compute cluster","link":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/forums\/topic\/lumerical-license-server-issues-on-compute-cluster\/"}],"acf":[],"custom_fields":[{"0":{"_bbp_subscription":["282035","4274"],"_bbp_author_ip":["136.36.173.22"]," _bbp_last_reply_id":["0"]," _bbp_likes_count":["0"],"_btv_view_count":["644"],"_bbp_topic_status":["unanswered"],"_bbp_likes_count":["1"],"_bbp_topic_id":["379307"],"_bbp_forum_id":["27833"],"_bbp_engagement":["4274","282035"],"_bbp_voice_count":["2"],"_bbp_reply_count":["1"],"_bbp_last_reply_id":["379374"],"_bbp_last_active_id":["379374"],"_bbp_last_active_time":["2024-08-19 16:13:15"]},"test":"andelothbyu-edu"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/379307","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topics\/379307\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/innovationspace.ansys.com\/forum\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=379307"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}